V.H. Apelian's Blog

V.H. Apelian's Blog

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Thanking the Readers of my Blogs

Vahe H. Apelian


 Bog, Blogging and blogger:

Merriam Webster dictionary defines blog as “a regular feature appearing as part of an online publication that typically relates to a particular topic and consists of articles and personal commentary by one or more authors”. Blog is used both as a noun and as a verb. As a verb blog means,” to write a blog”. That makes “blogging” the act and the person who wrote the blog, a “blogger”. 

The word blog is a relative newcomer into the English language lexicon. According to Wikipedia the term ‘blog” was first used as a noun and as a verb in April or May 1999. I became a blogger on March 4, 2017, when I posted my first article in my personal blog site I initiated on the same date. Little did I know then that my blog site would also tell me how many read a blog I posted and from where and how many times my blogs were read in total. 

This new word as a noun and as a verb is liberating for me because the blogger, in this instance I, do not need to be measured by a writer’s yardstick. I am a blogger and not a writer as we understand being a writer; nor my blogging should be measured against a scholarly work. They are not researched articles; they are merely blogs.

Many publishers have aspired to be masters of their voice, but a few had achieved until we stepped into this New Brave World. Simon Simonian and Antranig Zarougian had achieved the ultimate a journalist aspired. They were masters of the journals they published. They were the editors and the publishers of their weekly journals, “Spurk” and “Nayiri” respectively. Both were independent minded and would not have thrived in an organization.  Fortunately, new technology has enabled anyone to have his or her own journal, we call blog. 

As of today, I have posted 475 blogs and they have been read in total 217,005 times by readers from Armenia to America and thence to Australia and in many other countries in between.  I should note that the site does not assure that the blogs are read. It merely notes there have been so many “page-views”, over 217,000, as I noted above. I assume a reader viewing a blog implies reading the blog. 

I thank all those who have opted to read my blogs instead of doing something else at that moment. Hopefully they found something there that made reading my blogs worthwhile.!

No comments:

Post a Comment