V.H. Apelian's Blog

V.H. Apelian's Blog

Monday, March 30, 2020

Thank You For Making me a Triumphant Blogger

Vahe H. Apelian


Blog,Blogging and blogger.
Merriam Webster dictionary defines blog as “a regular feature appearing as part of an online publication that typically relates to a particular topic and consists of articles and personal commentary by one or more authors”. Blog is used both as a noun and as a verb. As a verb blog means,” to write a blog”. That makes “blogging” the act and the person who wrote the blog, a “blogger”. 
The word blog is a relative newcomer into the English language lexicon. According to Wikipedia the term ‘blog” was first used as a noun and  as verb on April or May 1999. I became a blogger on March 4, 2017 when I posted my first article in my personal blog site I initiated on the same date. Little did I know then that my blog site would also tell me how many read a blog I posted and from where and how many times my blogs were read in total. 
This new word as a noun or as a verb is liberating because the “blogger”, in this instance I do not need to measure my blogs by a writer’s yardstick. There is also one fundamental aspect that all publishers have aspired to it, and that is to have their own voice, unconstrained by others. In fact, in hindsight, I realize that it is what Simon Simonian and  Antranig Zarougian achieved. They were masters of the  journals they published. Simon Simonian and Antranig Zarougian were the editors and the publishers of their weekly journals. The former’s was called “Spurk” and the latter’s was called  “Nayiri”. Surely, they were at the mercy of the readers of their journals, and naturally so. Without the subscription fees, they could not continue financing their weekly journals.  Fortunately, new technology has made my blog free. The only return I draw is the satisfaction seeing my blogs are read. 
As of today, my 278 blogs have been read for a grand total of 142,701 times by readers from Armenia to America and thence to Australia and in many countries in between.  In fact, the site does not assure that the blogs are actually read. It merely notes there are so many “page-views”. I assume a reader viewing a blog implies reading the blog. 
I thank all those who have opted to read my blogs instead of doing something else at that moment. Hopefully you found something there that made the time you devoted worthwhile.
And in doing so, you made me a triumphant blogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment