V.H. Apelian's Blog

V.H. Apelian's Blog

Tuesday, September 24, 2024

September 24, 2023 - A dark day in our recent history

I am simply posting for archival purposes what transpired on my page on that day. On September 22, 2023 Pashinyan said that Armenians should stay in Karabakh ( https://eurasianet.org/pashinyan-says-armenians-should-stay-in-karabakh )

My records tell me that a year ago today, on September 24, 2023, I posted the PM's calling on the Armenians to stay in Karabakh, pondering what would happen if they stay and what would happen in the Armenians of Karabakh left. I quote:

"PASHINYAN SAYS ARMENIANS SHOULD STAY IN KARABAKH

IF a passage is provided for the Armenians of Artsakh just for leaving, Artsakh will become another Kars, Nakhichevan.

IF a humanitarian passage is made available for food, medicine, with supervision of peacekeepers assuring their safety, there will be Armenians perpetuating the remnant of the Armenian history and culture there, maybe a larger Wakif village of Mussa Dagh in Turkey."

“At this moment it is the Armenian women and children are the ones leaving because the males are concerned that they be apprehended at the border and tried for having raised arms against the state of Azerbaijan. There are myriads of other issues, monetary, ownership and a lot more issues to resolve. Armenia has accepted and will continue on accepting those who, from the breakaway region come to Armenia and join the tens of thousands who are already in Armenia. But, much like the PM, I urge them not to rush. I do not see threat of genocide as I understand genocide.”  (Vahe H Apelian)

Attached is the copy of the conversation on my page on that day. 

Vahe H Apelian

 

https://eurasianet.org/pashinyan-says-armenians-should-stay-in-karabakh









No comments:

Post a Comment