V.H. Apelian's Blog

V.H. Apelian's Blog

Thursday, October 17, 2024

A consummate poet, and a valiant activist

A short while ago I came across Edmond Azatian article about the all-Armenian poetess Silva Gaboudigian. The title of his article he posted in “The Armenian Mirror-Spectator” is “Remembering Silva Kaputikyan: A consummate Poet, a Valiant Activist” - see the link below. I was reminded of my translation of one of her poems.  Vahe H Apelian



 

Loving you, you another

 

We wander in the streets

I loving you, you another.

Tormented are our hearts

Mine with yours, you with another’s

/

We long, we laugh, we grieve

I for your words, you another’s

We immerse in our sweet dreams

I by your sight; you another’s

/

Damned be this luck,

In this world, let us not be acknowledged,

But Let us live loving,

Even I loving you, you another

 

Silva Gaboudigian (translated by Vahe H. Apelian)



"“Remembering Silva Kaputikyan: A consummate Poet, a Valiant Activist” By Edmond Azatian.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment