V.H. Apelian's Blog

V.H. Apelian's Blog

Saturday, May 9, 2020

Cries of Joy

Arpi Vanyan
The attached is the first personal account I read a short while ago of what transpired on May 8 and 9, 1992 in Artsakh. Apri Vanyan had posted it on her page. I took the liberty of translating it. The original posting is attached. Vahe H. Apelian

 
Twenty-eight years ago, this day (May 9th) remains etched in my soul. During the night of May 8 and the following morning, we could not get out even for a minute from our dark and humid cellar. My father was on the war front, I was a still a child, my young mother and my young sister were in the cellar, as well.  
The enemy had gotten wild that day and was unleashing its fury with all kinds of armaments he possessed and with all its probable and improbable methods and was bombarding Artsakh and especially the town of Hadrut.  We understood nothing as to what was going on and why such a fury?
May 9th was my mother’s birthday. We could not even open the door of the cellar and get out to congratulate her on that occasion, which was dear to us, with tea and simple cookie.
It was the second half of the day when we heard cries from the street. Somehow we managed to have a  look outside and saw one of our neighbors, who regretfully was martyred later on, coming down the street, shouting in jubilation with open arms. We did not understand what he was saying, we remained afraid. But as he got closer, it became clear to us that he was saying “Shushi is liberated !”. He was shouting and he was also crying. We stood still. We could not believe what we heard. Soon after the grown ups started crying loudly. We also participated in this widespread cry of jubilation and of the thankfulness that heralded our freedom, our deliverance, our collective victory, our right to live. Words are not enough to describe our emotions.
Years have gone by and I remember that day with joyful remembrance  because it was also the birthday of my prematurely dead mother. From 1992 and on, in our home, we celebrate that day with a joyful remembrance.  My mother is now in heaven, but the celebration has remained the same for me, congratulating her on her birthday. My mother is my identity, she is the path I have crossed, she is my timeless want. She is my pain, my love, and the heightened goal I must reach.
My Artsakh, my mother, my fatherland, and our mighty army…

28 տարի առաջ այս օրը դաջվել ու մնացել է իմ հոգումՄայիսի 8-ի գիշերն ու հաջորդ օրվա ցերեկըմենք մեկ րոպե անգամչկարողացանք դուրս գալ մեր մութ ու խոնավ նկուղիցՀադրութում էինքՀայրս պատերազմի դաշտում էրես՝ տակավինաղջնակերիտասարդ մայրս ու մանկահասակ քույրս՝ նկուղումԱյդ օրը հակառակորդը կատաղել էր և իր ունեցած ողջզինատեսակովբոլոր հնարավոր ու անհնար մեթոդներով ռմբակոծում էր Արցախն ու կոնկրետ Հարդութ քաղաքըՈչինչ չէինքհասկանումԻ՞նչ է կատարվումինչու՞ է այս աստիճանի ագրեսիվ: 
Մայիսի 9-ը մայրիկիս ծննդյան օրն էՉկարողացանք անգամ բացել նկուղի դուռըդուրս գալոր մի բաժակ թեյ ու դոշաբի շուրջշնորհավորեինք մեզ համար թանկ այդ օրը: 
...Օրվա երկրորդ կեսն էրփողոցից գոռոցներ լսեցինքՄի կերպ գլուխներս դուրս հանեցինք նկուղներից ու տեսանքոր մերհարևաններից մեկը /ով հետագայում նույնպեսցավոքզոհվեցուրախությունից գոռալովձեռքերն առաջ պարզած՝ գալիս էՈչինչ չէինք հասկանումԲոլորս վախեցանքՈՒ որքան մոտենում էր նաայնքան պարզորոշ էր դառնում ասածը՝Շուշի՜ն...Շուշին ազատագրվե՜լ է... գոռում ու լացում էր նաԱսես քարացել էինքչէինք հավատում մեր լսածինՀետո մեծերըսկսեցին բարձրաձայն լացելմենք էլ միացանք համընդհանուր այդ լացինուրախությանըգոչյուններինօրհնանքներինԴա...Դա ազատություն էրփրկությունբերկրանքդա մեր միասնական հաղթանակն էրմեր ապրելու իրավունքըԲառերս չենհերիքումոր նկարագրեմ :
..... Տարիներ են անցել.. ամեն անգամ այս օրը ես նշում եմ որպես քառատոնորովհետև վաղամեռիկ մայրիկիս ծննդյան օրն էնաև: 1992-թվականից սկսած մեր տանը , մենք այդ օրը որպես քառատոն էինք նշումՄայրս հիմա երկնքում էբայց տոնն ինձհամար մնացել է նույնը՝ Շնորհավոր ծննդյանդ օրըմամասիմ ինքնությունիմ անցած ճանապարհիմ անանց կարոտիմ ցավիմ սերիմ բարձունք որին պետք է հասնել: 
Իմ Արցախիմ մայրիկիմ հայրենիքմեր հզոր բանակ...



No comments:

Post a Comment